Sunday, August 28, 2011

Can My Spouse Move Away With Our Child Or Children Or Interfere With My Relationship With Our Children?

Sometimes when a spouse talks about getting a divorce, the other spouse threatens to move away with the couple’s child(ren). Local law enforcement may not offer any relief, as biological or adoptive parents are not “kidnapping” the child(ren). Filing for a divorce in a county domestic relations court (when the couple is married) or filing for custody and/or visitation orders in a juvenile court (when the couple is unmarried) may offer some protection.
Sometimes a spouse alienates the affection shared between the couple's children and the other spouse. Spouses can be enjoined from committing such acts and contempt proceedings can be initiated when a parent involves the couple's children in a manner that would interfere with the relationship between the couple's children and the other parent.
The following two excerpts from the Warren County, Ohio Domestic Relations Court Local Rules and Forms illustrate potential protections during divorce proceedings. An attorney can assist you in asserting your parental rights.

Notice of intent to Relocate.

If you are a residential parent or participate in a shared parenting plan and intend to move, you must file a Notice of Intent to Relocate with the Clerk of Courts and mail a copy to the other party.
Notice must be sent within the following time frames.
1. If relocating within Warren County-at least thirty days in advance of the move.
2. If relocating outside Warren County-at least sixty days in advance of the move.
If either party seeks a change in parenting orders as a result of relocation, that party shall file a motion with the court and schedule a hearing. (See Warren County DR Form 8.)

Mutual Restraining Order
IT IS ORDERED PURSUANT TO LOCAL RULE, EFFECTIVE ON THE DATE A COMPLAINT IS FILED, THAT EACH SPOUSE IS ENJOINED FROM COMMITTING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ACTS:
1.Threatening, abusing, stalking, annoying, or interfering with the other party or the parties’child(ren);
2. Incurring credit in the name of the other party or in the parties’ joint names, except for necessary food, housing, utilities, medical care and necessary transportation, or allowing a lien or loan to be placed against their real or personal property;
3. Selling, disposing of, or dissipating any of their real or personal property, including money (other than regular income), of either party, or removing household goods and furniture from the marital residence;
4. Changing or failing to renew the present health, life, home, automobile, or other insurance coverage; removing the other party as a beneficiary on any life insurance or retirement benefits without further order of this Court;
5. Removing the minor children of the parties from Ohio except for holidays or vacations (not to exceed ten days);
6. Claiming the children as dependents on any income tax return without prior Court order.
Nothing in the above restraining order prevents a spouse from using his or her property to pay necessary and reasonable attorney fees, litigation and court costs in this action. (See Warren County DR Form 7.)
When your spouse violates court rules or court orders you can have your attorney initiate proceedings to have your spouse held in contempt of court. The court can impose a variety of sanctions against a spouse who is held in contempt of court.
The Parental Kidnapping Protection Act (PKPA; (Pub.L. 96-611, 94 Stat. 3573, enacted December 28, 1980; 28 U.S.C. § 1738A).
Purpose: to establish national standards for the assertion of child custody jurisdiction within the United States. The home state where a child resided within the past six months is given preference in order to prevent forum shopping. Forum shopping occurs when one parent commences an action in another state for the purpose of obtaining a favorable court ruling.
In addition to its provisions for full faith and credit, the Act provides that a State cannot modify the child custody decree of another state without complying with the terms of the Act. When a State modifies a previous child custody order not in compliance with the Act, the modification shall not be entitled to full faith and credit in other states.
1999 Congressional amendment included “visitation” rights in the definition of “custody” rights covered by the Act.
The above information is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. The information presumes you are not currently represented by an attorney who knows your specific circumstances.

9 comments:

  1. See, Custody means the obligation to control, care for, supervise and educate a child. In 20 states, custody is split into two types: physical custody and legal custody. There are consequences of being the non-custodial parent, such as not being able to take the child out of state without permission, nor the ability to make parental decisions about the child's education, religious training or medical care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE SPELL FOR BROKEN RELATIONSHIP AND MARRIAGE WHATSAPP +2349066410185 am here to share with you my life experience on how a great man called Dr gbojie saved me and my marriage.I have been Married & Barren for for 5 years i had no child. i have never been pregnant i was a subject of laughter from my Friends & neighbors, i almost lost my marriage because of this issue.i was so confused that i did not know what to do until i came across this great Dr online and i contacted him at once i was scared weather it was going to work because i never believed things like this before, so i decided to give it a try and i did all what Dr gbojie asked of me and today to my greatest surprise i took in the first time and i gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and now my marriage that was about crashing before is now restored. my husband now love and want me better, Am so happy for everything that have been happening in my life since i met this Dr gbojie .I want to tell all the women/men out there who have a similar situation like mine,that the world is not over YET they should dry up their tears and contact this great man and their problem will be gone or are you also having other problems you can also contact gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com His spells is for a better life OR call +2349066410185 website :  http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me  

      Delete

    2. I want to give a big thanks to a great spell caster commonly known as DR TAKUTA for the great spiritual prayers he did in my life by bringing my ex-lover back to me after many months of breakup and loneliness. With this, I am convinced that you are sent to this word to rescue people from heartbreaks and also to help us get the solution to every relationship problem. for those of you out there who have one relationship problem or the other why not contact DR TAKUTA. that is the best place you can solve all your problems, including a lack of jobs and promotions, binding and marriage spells, divorce and attraction spells, good luck and lotto spells, fertility, and pregnancy spells, and also the business success and customer increase, winning court cases and many more. contact him at takutaspellalter@gmail.com or contact mobile contact +27788634102














































      I want to give a big thanks to a great spell caster commonly known as DR TAKUTA for the great spiritual prayers he did in my life by bringing my ex-lover back to me after many months of breakup and loneliness. With this, I am convinced that you are sent to this word to rescue people from heartbreaks and also to help us get the solution to every relationship problem. for those of you out there who have one relationship problem or the other why not contact DR TAKUTA. that is the best place you can solve all your problems, including a lack of jobs and promotions, binding and marriage spells, divorce and attraction spells, good luck and lotto spells, fertility, and pregnancy spells, and also the business success and customer increase, winning court cases and many more. contact him at takutaspellalter@gmail.com or contact mobile contact +27788634102

































      Delete
  2. It is very hard going through a divorce when there are children involved. When you need parenting divorce advice you should check into
    uncontested divorce lawyer
    San Francisco divorce lawyers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the greatest contents on your blog and I extremely love reading them. Divorce Lawyers Frederick MD

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and i got Married last year and we have been living happily for a while. We used to be free with everything and never kept any secret from each other until recently everything changed when he got a new Job in NewYork 2 months ago. He has been avoiding my calls and told me he is working,i got suspicious when i saw a comment of a woman on his Facebook Picture and the way he replied her. I asked my husband about it and he told me that she is co-worker in his organization,We had a big argument and he has not been picking my calls,this went on for long until one day i decided to notify my friend about this and that was how she introduced me to Mr James(Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) a Private Investigator  who helped her when she was having issues with her Husband. I never believed he could do it but until i gave him my husbands Mobile phone number. He proved to me by hacking into my husbands phone. where i found so many evidence and  proof in his Text messages, Emails and pictures that my husband has an affairs with another woman.i have sent all the evidence to our lawyer. I just want to thank Mr James for helping me because i have all the evidence and proof for my lawyer,I Feel so sad about infidelity.


    ReplyDelete
  5. I suspected my wife of cheating on me but I never had any proof. This went on for months, I didn't know what to do. i was so paranoid and decided to find a solution, i saw a recommendation about a private investigator and decided to contact him. I explained the situation about my wife to him and he said he was going to help me.I gave him all the informations he required and afterwards i received all my wife’s phones Text messages and calls, I was hurt when i saw a picture of my wife and her lover. I feel so bad about infidelity. but i am glad Mr james was able to help me get all this information, you can contact him via email(worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) or Text/call : +12317945543

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great blog post about divorce tips and the tips are given here are very useful for the peoples whose relationship is not working anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in July, but I always wanted to get back together with him, and he was never sure, because the Love was not there anymore. So I thought it was about time I make him sure! All it took was a visit to this spell casters website www.fastsolutiontemple.com the month of August, This spell caster requested for a specific love spell for me and my husband, and i accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. within 24 hours after this spell caster worked for me,  my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds.My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr. Nkosi for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: fastsolutiontemples26@gmail.com or Email: drnkosifastspell@yahoo.com watsap+27820502562 Dr Nkosi

    ReplyDelete